Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Top Ten Ideas for Revision

Revision feeds the perfectionist in me

Revision helps me see what is central, what is peripheral

Revision allows me the freedom to salvage material that belongs elsewhere

Revision is like throwing ballast overboard so my piece can sail on

Revision gives me an excuse to keep writing

Revision forces me to slow down

Revision forces me to look more closely at the details

Revision forces me to untangle tangled language

Revision forces me to wax poetic

Revision is FUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. very poetic list. David Letterman would be proud. Yes, revision can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when you said that "revision is like trowing ballast overboard so my piece can sail on" It is a good way to said how important is revision.

    ReplyDelete